Expedite the Move
Although moving companies can help you as you relocate to a new home, there are some things you can do prior to moving to make the process a whole lot easier. The experts here at Summit Moving & Storage are ready to make your move the easiest it can be. We believe that with thorough planning and careful attention to detail, relocating doesn’t have to be stressful and tedious. In addition to our expert services, our moving experts are also capable of helping by providing great tips on how to make your move smooth and efficient.
Whether you’re moving across town or across the state, you should make always aim to prepare for the trip prior to the actual day of moving. Just like most things in life, if you wait till the last second, you might end up overlooking some steps or simply forgetting. With our assistance, you’ll have valuable advice on how to expedite the moving process in the best way possible.
Above all, we want you to have the best moving experience possible. With that being said, taking some proactive steps can go a long way in helping you make the move the easiest possible. As always, don’t hesitate to contact us for helpful information regarding your move. We’re here to help throughout the whole process, so take advantage of our resources. We look forward to hearing from you.
Before you go:
- Clean out unwanted items – Host a garage sale
- Dispose of flammables – paint, petrol, gas cylinders
- Empty fuel and batteries from machines & devices
- Eliminate old clothing; donate to a charity
- Organize books and dispose of unneeded items
- Compile a change of address list
- Visit the post office and file a change of address
- Arrange the cut off date for utilities
- Locate original boxes for important possessions
- Have rugs and carpet steam cleaning
- If you have children, separate toys to bring with you
- Organize all personal documents for the trip
- Keep passports separate and accessible
- Inquire about regulations regarding your motor vehicle
- Make sure pet’s vaccinations and id tags are current
- Arrange for storage and shelter immediately upon arriving in your new place
- Research the businesses and entertainment in your new area
- Eat as much of your food supply as possible without going shopping
- Organize your finances close or transfer bank accounts, stocks, etc.
- Make your own Checklist of important tasks to complete before you move
When it comes to moving, there are several factors to take into account prior to completing the process. From packing correctly to scheduling all the required trips, you’ll find your hands full as you aim to make your relocation as soon as possible. For more information about our moving services and more moving tips, contact us at (713) 623-1444. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you make your relocation a smooth and seamless one.